CaptainNegatory

Creating Models And Textures...

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to create my own mod using the tutorials found here: ( http://www.emergency-planet.com/index.php?...0&Itemid=35 ) and it covers making a model in Zmodeler and applying it to a texture and so forth, but it doesn't discuss how to make fires spawn randomly and how to make the dispatcher play certain voices for each situation, or how to make situations, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Much,

Captain Negatory

The fires will spawn randomly on the map by default, you don't need to make this happen, and same with the voices. They play default, and you can create changed ones to place in the audio folder for your mod.. I am not 100% sure about this, as I don't do a lot of the sound editting for that kind of stuff, however I'd suggest looking in data/audio, then going into the different folders, and seeing everything.

Different situations I am not 100% sure about, but I know it does involve scripting new events, just not entirely certain about what needs to be done, as people usually don't create new events, however if you want to create new accidents or something on the map, that's something completely different!

Well, I'm trying to make a complete custom map, and I was thinking if I got Hoppah's permission the scripts for the map and fires, could those scripts from the La Mod be copied into the folders for my modification and the fires and accidents still work? Speaking of which, do all scripts have to be created from scratch for a new mod? If I'm making a new map in the editor I'm going to have to place things like units and such. None of the tutorials I can find go over these things =(

Oh, and does anybody know how to create a polygon in Zmodeler? When I left click, it moves the camera, doesn't create or move anything, and objects seem to not be moving in the X, Y, or Z axis, maybe it's because I'm new to modeling, but I'm not sure. Okay I'm also having problems with the create a car tutorial from the Z Modeler website. Get over the display issues in zmod, I can, but if I can't get the car image that I'm supposed to trace from the tutorial to open, then it renders the entire tutorial useless. I've downloaded the tut from multiple sources, and still...I'm befuddled. Anyone around alot whose good with modeling that I can come to during the Tutorial stressfulness? Thanks!

Appreciation,

Captain Muhfuggin' Negatory

Okay, thanks for the help everyone I got those things solved. Just one more thing, if I want to create a unit, how do I edit where vehicles spawn, where the firefighters come from and what units they go into, and how they "Go To" firestation. Looking through the scripts I got kinda lost, and I couldn't find anything really helpful on Google. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Appreciation,

C. Negatory