arjanforgames

Not creating prototype files

The EM4 editor is not creating prototype files for some reason?

I have added doors and wheels to my vehicle. All textures + the car body are displaying correctly, so the paths are working fine?

Or is there a way I need to save my progress?

Please help me I'm quiet new. 

I followed the car adding tutorial by Hoppah

(http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/1-emergency-4-adding-vehicles/)

The EM4 editor is not creating prototype files for some reason?

I have added doors and wheels to my vehicle. All textures + the car body are displaying correctly, so the paths are working fine?

Or is there a way I need to save my progress?

Please help me I'm quiet new. 

I followed the car adding tutorial by Hoppah

(http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/1-emergency-4-adding-vehicles/)

Make sure to run the editor as admin that sometimes causes your edits to not be saved

Or in the case of the newer windows OS' just right click the properties on the em4 folder and change the permissions to permit users to have full control over the folder.... Easier imo than dealing with UAC pop-ups.

Or in the case of the newer windows OS' just right click the properties on the em4 folder and change the permissions to permit users to have full control over the folder.... Easier imo than dealing with UAC pop-ups.

True but some windows 7's including mine have the issue of imposed restrictions, even when you change the permissions it always finds a way to revert them back or just ignores it, I have mine set so the UAC for Em4 is always granted, but you make a fair point :)

I've never had it revert the settings as long as you set it so anything can access it IE all users, the acct you login as, every single option under there give full control. It seems to not lose the settings that way as long as you apply it to them all.  Its a game folder so there really isnt anything in there that should pose a threat hopefully.

Not running the editor as an administrator has some messy results. I found that my changes were saving between sessions, but were not being written to the actual game files. The modified prototypes were being written somewhere else!

I would make an edit, close the editor, launch the game, find that the edits did not show in game, relaunch the editor and find that the changes I made were there. Where the heck did they write to?

Long story short, save yourself the hassle and just set it to auto run as administrator.